Flood Insurance in Ohio

Flood damage is devastating for anyone. Especially since the standard home insurance policy doesn't cover flood-related losses. The federal government isn't much help either. Ohio residents in the low-lying areas of the state, in particular, deal with floods often. Based on your level of risk, your need for flood insurance might be significant. So, it's essential to get your own Ohio flood insurance policy. It's the best way to protect your property, belongings, and home.

Do I need flood insurance?

Insurance is a priority if your home is in an area with a moderate-to-high risk of flooding. Specifically, taking this precaution is essential if you live in an A or V zone. According to FEMA, these areas are high-risk zones.

What kind of flood insurance can I get?

There are two basic types of flood insurance available to residents of Newark and Gahanna, OH:

  • Structure insurance: Protects your house
  • Contents coverage: Protects your belongings

Depending on your level of coverage, it may also cover:

  • Flood debris cleanup
  • Plumbing and electrical systems
  • Central air conditioning,
  • Furnace
  • Structural damage
  • Water heater

What about flood assistance?

It is possible to get Federal Disaster Assistance, but there is a catch. You can only get it if the president officially classifies the event as a disaster. Even if this happens, it's a loan you must repay with interest.

Our agents at the Schneider Insurance Agency are ready to help you choose flood insurance that covers all your essentials. To ensure your satisfaction, we offer several options for your flood insurance.

Contact our team today to get started on a flood insurance policy.

Request A Quote